I like the qsampler interface,
but think the workflow
should be improved.
Here my top 5 for the next release:
- In the channel-strip: button for quickloading gig-files, (or maybe left
side-panel, with file-selection list )
- In the channel-strip: change assigned midi channel with
mouse-left/right click on the channel number +/-1
- change instrument within the same gig-file by alt+left/right
clicking the instrument name
- prev/next buttons (or mouse ctrl+mouse-left/right), for selecting
the next/prev gig files in the directory (sorted by name)
- gig-file selection dialog should have a pre-listening function (play
a middle A at velocity 82 or so, before loading )
- gig-file selection could be improved by a quick search function,
possibly accepting regex or so: *bass* would filter the display for
bass *.gig`s only
in the gigeditor:
- sample auto-mapping by regex (can save a lot of time)
There are currently no plans on our side to implement the features you suggested. You are always invited though to provide patches implementing features desired by you.
I'm going to close this report.